This information is about APAP|NYC 2017 and is for reference only. Please check back in the spring for information on APAP|NYC 2018.
Students from all regions attend APAP|NYC every year to connect and gain exposure in the performing arts field. If you are currently enrolled in an accredited university, you can attend conference as a student for a small fee or volunteer and participate for free!
If you are a current undergraduate or graduate student, please contact an APAP staff member and provide your student ID card as verification. Upon approval, you will then be sent a code to use when registering online to receive the special price. This discounted rate allows full access to the conference except for the awards luncheon, which can be purchased separately. For registration rate, please click here.
Every year, APAP is pleased to extend a special invitation to full-time students (undergraduate and graduate) interested in attending the APAP|NYC conference. Qualified students are asked to volunteer 20 hours in any combination of shifts before or during the five days of the conference. Students who meet all the qualifications and complete their volunteer hours will receive the following:
- FREE student conference registration – Once a student’s work shift is over, the student can take advantage of all conference events, including professional development sessions, open meetings and showcase performances.
- FREE student membership – Upon completing the required work hours, students will receive a one-year free student membership giving access to a wide array of benefits and services including access to all resources on the APAP|365 website, the APAP Job Bank and the APAP|Community online networking platform.
Student Volunteer Job Descriptions
Job availability is assigned based on interest and skill, on a first come, first served basis. We will do our best to match your schedule and interests when making volunteer assignments, but due to the complexity of scheduling we cannot accept specific session monitoring requests. We request your cooperation and flexibility should we ask that you assist us in areas outside of those you have requested. Please note that all the positions described below require multiple volunteers. This is not an exhaustive list of volunteer roles and duties. Roles are subject to change based on the needs of APAP staff.
- Registration Volunteers: Meet and welcome conference attendees and distribute conference registration materials.
- Special Event Support: Assist APAP staff with set-up, break-down and event-time needs at special events throughout the conference.
- APAP Info Desk: Greet attendees and provide information about New York City and the conference.
- Session Support: Act as point of contact for session facilitator, badge scanner, ability to use a walkie talkie; own smartphone preferred.
- Runners: Support and assist with various tasks on the spot when needed.
- EXPO Hall: Assist APAP staff and EXPO Hall floor managers and check badges when needed.
Our volunteer team is now full. Check back here in September 2017 if you're interested in volunteering for APAP|NYC 2018.